Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

At the store

My mom and I went to the store today. This place where I go, they have these 2 employees that are girls and when I was pregnant asked me about the baby. I told them I was placing him for adoption and it was best, yadda yadda yadda. Well, two weeks after Ethan was born, my mom, adrian and I went there. She asked me about Ethan and I told her that he is good, and his dads are happy. Then she went to my mom and asked her how it felt to be a second time grandmother, and after my mom gave a vague answer, she came back to me and asked me how it felt to be a second time mom. I walked away after that and I cried and teared up.
Last week, we went there and she asked me again how he was, I said that he was doing good and his dads are happy. Well, I went there today. No surprise to me that she was there, I went up and she asked me about him again. I said, I did not know how he was doing and I hadn't heard from his dads about him. And she asked me if his dad had him. I said no, that I placed him with a lovely couple. She gave me an "wow, so you are raising your oldest but couldnt with your youngest?" oh. Then she gave me a look like, wow you are really messed up. And I left.
I feel like I shouldn't have to explain my circumstance to anyone and get the reply that receive. Those who know me know, I've always wanted to raise my kids together but it wasn't a possibility. I did the right thing. Getting the response that I did from her, she has a 3 year old daughter, was like you are going to judge me like you know me because you see me using coupons and buying a lot and figure I could do it. I would hoped that people would be happy and supportive. So what if I am raising my soon to be 5 year old. & even that is not easy to do. I just want a break from this judgement and dirty looks.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment